Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Yarrow, Scabiosa Pods, Dahlias...These are a few of my favorite things.


I love the Farmers Market.
Unfortunately due to most of my weddings always landing on Saturdays, I can't go. :(
But if you truly want to see what flowers are in season,
the true seasonal flowers are always showcased there.
Most flowers you can get year round...if you are willing to pay a price that is.
But at the farmers market you can get a reasonably priced flowers without a badge, super fresh, and from a local farm. All pluses in my book.

This bouquet reminds me of a farmers market...I actually wish I could do a photo shoot there and am working on making that happen in the next 6 weeks.
This bouquet has dahlias, scabiosa pods, bunny tails, tulips, and yarrow.
This reminds me of Country Time Lemonade for some reason,
but who names their flowers that...right?


I made a little boutonniere( still can't spell that right on the first try) made out of a scabiosa pod, a fuzzy bunny tail(that's what I call it) and the white and yellow yarrow that makes me want to scream, it's so damn cute. I finished off the wrap with a little gold bouillion.

Blue and yellow together ROCK.

The bouquet can later be dropped into a tall container
and in the words of a wise sage named Emeril:
BAM!
its a friggin centerpiece.

This ceramic cream container I bought at Goodwill for $3.99. HOLLA!
I love a great deal almost as much as I love it when I get a bunch of roses and there are no duds....has this ever happened to you? You go home and open up the roses and 1 or 2 rose heads are broken...I hate that. So when nothing falls out I give my roses a pretend hi five for being good gals. : )

5 comments:

Nichole Campbell said...

I do love a great deal too-but you're comment on opening a pack of roses reminded me of my favorite floral shop moment. Opening a pristine box of assorted cymbidium sprays. It's the floral shop equivalent of a box of chocolates.

Bree said...

Nichole, you hit it right on the nose. It IS the equivalent! : )
I love that too.

Janet said...

great photos! I love that you've been using a black background lately, it makes everything pop!

Bree said...

RIGHT?? black makes a huge diff...I have had a black and white background for sometime now but was too lazy to set it up but it really makes the flowers POP!

Jen said...

That bout is fab! I added it to an inspiration board on my blog (www.greenquince.blogspot.com).

XO
-Jen