Tuesday, December 25, 2007

About

Kuga Designs is a floral design studio that was a result of my own wedding. I have always loved flowers and purchased fresh local flowers at the San Francisco farmers market every Saturday morning for as long as I can remember. My mother has a picture of me with a crochet flower in my hair that I wore till the petals fell off! My love of flowers came alive with one class that I took in order to arrange all the flowers for my own wedding almost two years before my wedding day. I simply fell in love with the entire process. Since then I have designed flowers for countless events, traveled to and competed in floral shows, made floral dresses for the DeYoung Museum in San Francisco, and have created florals for amazing venues in the Bay Area such as San Francisco City Hall, The Julia Morgan Ballroom, Herbst Theatre, The Green Room, The UC Botanical Gardens, The Ritz-Carlton, Sir Francis Drake, The Argonaut Hotel, and much and much more.

I have attended floral school and have extensive experience working with and interning for various floral designs companies before starting my own business. I have also studied and received certificates in Ikebana with a master Ikebana teacher and artist, Sensei Soho Sakai, of the Sogetsu School of Ikebana. I have a bachelors degree from the University of California Berkeley. GO BEARS!

 I love bright colors and textures. The use of fruits and succulents, branches and moss, unusual plants and foliage often can be found in my work. I do like classic design and tend to incorporate lots of texture into monochromatic bouquets when I get requests for a more subtle palette.

It is my belief that flowers can move people in ways that touch the soul and I approach all of my arrangements with the hopes that they will touch the heart of the person receiving them. I believe that any and all occasions should be celebrated with flowers. If I am lucky, I hope to be creating floral designs for the rest of my life.

Kuga Designs is available for weddings, corporate and social events all year round. The studio is based out of San Francisco and serves the entire Bay Area. Destinations weddings are also welcomed.

No comments: