Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Open Letter to Gypsophila {a.k.a. Babies Breath}



Dear BB,

I have hated you for as long as I can remember.
Why? Because your name is synonymous with red roses and 1980's weddings, and big poofy wedding dresses with outrageous lace sleeves. You often look antiquated and I really hate it when you are inserted as a filler into perfectly good bouquets.You have even managed to give carnations a bad name by association and frankly, you irk me.

But I had second thoughts when I saw Mrs. Strawberry from Weddingbee pull this beauty off.




But it was solidified when I came home and stalked, uh, checked, The Brides Cafe for this real wedding from Sedona Bride



Okay, everyone in my life knows I have a fascination with candles, and damn it, candles on a mantle? Stop it.
Look at that wreath, it's made out of*gasp*
babies breath.....and I love it!








So I apologize, BB, I no longer hate you.
Provided, of course, you come in mass form and there is not one red rose or green fern for miles around! haha...*cough* sorry.


4 comments:

perfectly imperfect said...

hehe, I only like babies breath massed. Hanging out with red roses = 80s and/or prom to me! (I love those wreaths!)

Bree said...

HAHA! I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who hates them :)

Anonymous said...

I had this change of heart a few months back. I am DYING to use this at an event. Talk about a total makeover for such an "out" filler flower!!

Anonymous said...

WOW that is like the most beautiful baby's breath I have ever seen. Who new it could be so utterly gorgeous!