Monday, December 1, 2008

Orange and Burgundy Wedding


Here's a recap of my wedding this past weekend.
I ended up finishing the bouquets at like 1 am and then took a quick nap and then it was back to work at 5am to finish the details and start loading up for the drive out to Vallejo.

It's that deep dark light in the am. I used Leonidas roses, burgundy carnations, lemon leaf, and hypericum berries in red, green and peach.


What a difference morning light makes huh? These are packed up and ready to go in the car.

I got there at about 8:30 am, it was a quick 45 minute drive across the Bay Area, and I met her family members who helped me unload and set up an assembly line of bouquets, corsages and boutonnières.


6 ushers, 8 groomsmen, 2 best men, 2 grandfathers,2 fathers, and an officiant.
Whew! That's a lot of floral tape and twirling :)

Then it was time to deliver the bridal bouquet to the bride.
I was really nervous because we went over a bunch of time the colors for the flowers and I even posted about the different color roses we were considering and I knew that the leonidas weren't really yellow and orange but in the end she made the decision to use them anyway.
*sigh*
I walked up the stairs hoping she was ok with our decision.
The verdict?
She loved them!


I told her I threw in some white and bright orange to balance the rust colors of the Leonidas, and she seemed really pleased and her future mother came over and gave me a great big hug so I was able to breathe again.
So it was back downstairs to take some bridesmaids pictures.

Flowers girls are so fast! I took about five pictures and I couldn't capture her still, lol!

Here are two bridesmaids waiting their turn to take pictures with the bride.
Check out the pew flowers.
FAKE,FAKE, FAKE!
But you can't really tell right?????

One last shot of half of the bridal party.


Then it was time for me to go.
Congrats guys!
Thanks for letting me be a part of your day :)

{They Lived Happily Ever After........}



No comments: