Monday, June 2, 2008

Indie Part 2- The Set Up

The Details:

I received an email from the bride that her pro pictures from Emily Heizer over at HeizerPhotography came in and I will share a few here with you.







Aren't they great?

The Reinhardt Alumnae House at Mills College. It was gorgeous and I highly recommend it for a wedding of say 150 or so with a garden look and endless locations to take pictures.
So here is the room when we started. It's the inside of the house that opens up to the lawn. Its separated by floor to ceiling glass on one side.


Here is the Photobooth setting up.


Justin from Photoboof was awesome. Extremely nice and fun, he projected the pictures on to the side of the house for everyone to enjoy as the pictures were taken and it was a big hit. I had to ask him for a business card because he was such a cool guy and very easy to work with!

I walked by a table and had to snap a shot of a corsage, the picture, and the place card.


I have vases that I brought with me to line the walkway to the house. I wanted them to go in a high to low formation. I added dahlias to the highest vases and at night they looked spectacular with the floating candles lit.
Josh did an awesome job setting up, no?



I personally climbed a few trees and stood up on chairs to get these puppies to hang down.
Ribbon, Mason jars, led lights = beautiful



Recognize the house????eh? eh? Its my card box house that I used for my wedding, I just used her engagement photos in the "window slots"

Recognize my manzanita tree? Thnis truly was a GREEN wedding with all the stuff we recycled :)

See the velum lampshades on the wine glasses?

Too, cute. The bride knew it would be chilly in Oakland so she wrapped ribbon around these white blankets that were put to use ASAP.
I have never seen people snatch up blankets that fast!

ACK! I never thought I would fall in love with teacups!



Cupcakes came from Love at First Bite and I heard more than one person commenting on how great they were and I snuck one in(okay two)and they were YUMMY!
The topper was used at his grandfathers wedding in 1947!!!!

Table tops



The final shot with the floral arrangements I made in her lounge area.



I worked from 7am on the finishing touches on the flowers and one arrangement went overboard and had to redone. Flowers delivered at 10:30am. Reception site to meet and direct vendors(catering, photo booth, cake, D.J., servers ect.) from 11:00am -5:15. Cocktail hour from 5:30 -6:30. Greet couple and get them through entrance, dinner, greeting, cake, toasts, and first dance from 6:30 to 8:45pm/ Start to clean up and pack away stuff at 11pm.
Go home, wish I had the energy to blog, but happily go to sleep exhausted at 2am.

{It was awesome}

The happy couple was smiling and kissing all night and they lived happily ever after............

2 comments:

Jen said...

You did such an amazing job with the flowers and the day-of-coordinating! Check out those ranunculus . . . gorgeous! Thank you soooooo much. -Jen

Anonymous said...

wonderful work! I love your blog :)