Tuesday, April 22, 2008

baptism+communion+birthday=fun

I have a party that I am doing the arrangements and decor for in May. It's a party in which everything is rolled up into one big affair instead of celebrating three different events at different times. I think it's better that way and since its Spring and they are two sacraments it can be done in light colors and pastels and I am pretty excited to see what we can do with it.


Pomanders a la Martha Stewart are making an appearance.
They are easy to make, make an impact, and are super inexpensive.

{greengelato}

{msl}

Alternating from the beams will be these balloon flowers

{msl}
Directions on how to make are here


I bought these cute little white pots.


I think I am going to make little miniature pomanders with carnations and tie a cute ribbon around the belly.

{JKM Ribbon and trims}

First though I am going to make some with silk flowers to see how many flowers it takes and if it's going to be more economical that way.

I am going to make her a collage of her kids pictures to put around the hall to give it a personal touch and I am thinking we will have two tables. One with the communion/Baptism cake. The other a princess theme for her daughters birthday so when they look back at pictures they will have a first birthday picture.

She already got the favors but how fun would these be for favors?
I just love Bakerella!

You can get instructions here.

They seem pretty simple to make and mark my words, you will soon see a post about how they tuned out for me. :)

No comments: