Saturday, June 28, 2008

From Sparks to flames....

...oh what a trail we'll blaze!

That was the whole theme of the Public Allies Graduation. I was wondering what it all meant the other day as I was making these arrangements, now I know! They asked for suggestions on how to decorate on a budget. I offered up all my available resources and then suggested some Martha Stewart pomanders that would cost them all of $20 to make. They made them and did a really good job of placing them in bright vibrant colors throughout the reception hall. They even broke apart my arch and added them to the bamboo. Pretty cool and affordable :)








For more info head over to their website Public Allies
"Public Allies identifies talented young adults from diverse backgrounds and prepares them for careers working for community and social change. Allies serve 10-month, paid apprenticeships at local nonprofits and participate in a rigorous and rewarding leadership development program with a diverse group of peers who are also of and working within their home community."

No comments: